Previously, I wrote about a device that had a very familiar sequence of glyph nodes, and where we were at repairing it. Unfortunately the device was far beyond repair, both in time and the resources we had. A couple days before Epiphany Night, we were able to fix all of the mini-beacons for each glyph node, or so we thought. It turns out our repair was flawed, and the time we spent to fix the flaws cost us the time needed to get our PLP in working order. We presented it at Epiphany Night as a part of our portal luminescence project, but did not work the way we like it to so we turned it off. After we packed everything we had and parted ways, I left the device alone for a few weeks.
I started repairing the device again two weeks ago. Our repair initially was not perfect, it turns out - one of the mini-beacons failed to work properly so we pretty much ditched it. That one would have been at the very bottom. A few more appear to work but their behavior is inconsistent. Just goes to show how fragile the artifact really was. I spent another twenty-hour hours or so at it, and I can say it is possible to light up more glyphs. For what purpose I still have no idea.
Breaks Immersion. For the technically inclined... here is a document describing what it took to bring up this engineering project.